Friday 13 June 2014

About myself

Hi! Last year I didn’t know what to study. Being honest, I was interested only in socials sciences. Firstly I was very interested in anthropology because I didn’t know sociology. Later, when I know sociology – I was watching TV programs in the night and I saw a sociologist commenting about student’s protest - I feel interest on it, so I began to get information.

In the end of last year, after do PSU, I wanted to study anthropology yet, because in Arica’s universities I couldn’t study sociology and the nearest city that I could study sociology was Santiago. But when I got the results of the test I notice that I could study in this university so I decided to study here. When I had to take the decision of what career I prefer, I chose sociology; because I think it give me knowledge to destroy some important problems.

I don’t know a lot of things about my career yet, I just beginning in the area so I think I need more tools and knowledges. I think that the first thing we need to do for contribute to society is understand the society in all aspects. So I think I chose a good career.
I also think that a very good way to improve the social conditions is work in the place where the problems are biggest. Someone who wants to improve the life’s conditions of people need to know what people in these situation really think and what they really want to do. Share with them and know them are aspects very important to me.    

Finally About choose a favorite subject, it is difficult. I like sociology, psychology, anthropology and world’s history, but if I must choose one of them I prefer sociology, because the contents are new for me and they are very important for me. I also think that sociology’s teacher, Raul Atria, is very nice.          

3 comments:

  1. When we enter to Social Sciences always we confused between Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have to do your tesis about "barras bravas"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that improving life conditions of people is really important, it is where we have to start

    ReplyDelete