Wednesday 24 September 2014

Mi favorite city: Arica

Hi! My favorite city in Chile is Arica. I think it is special to me because I was born in this city and I really love it. I lived in Arica since I was born and I left the city this year to study here.
When I was a kid, in kindergarten, I learnt Arica’s anthem. I think it is a distinctive feature of Arica, because it not many cities someone teach you the local anthem or the history of your own city when you are a kid.

A lot of people in Arica love the city, there is an especial ambient. In my opinion it is produced by the geographic location and the abandon of Chilean government.
If you want to go from Arica to Iquique -the nearest Chilean city- by bus, you have to do a travel that takes 5 hours. Tacna, a Peruvian city, is nearer than Iquique; it takes just one hour from Arica to Tacna by bus.

Arica is famous because of drugs or bordering problems with Peru. But the city has many good things. In the middle of year you can see the Surfing and Body-boarding World Tournament. In Arica you can find the Chinchorro’s mummies – the oldest mummies in the world- . There is a very good weather, this is the reason because of the city is called The Eternal Spring City, during winter the coldest weather is about 15°C and in summer the hottest weather is about 25°C and you can enjoy the beach and carnival.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh lived one year in Arica, "the city of eternal spring" :)

    ReplyDelete