Friday 11 April 2014

ARICA

Hi ! Today I will tell you about the place that I lived before I came here (Santiago). This place is Arica. Firstly, I must say that Arica is a very good place to live, because it is very quietly, cheap, and it has a special characteristic: a very good wheater during all year . 
People who went on  May and June of 2013 saw the surf world championship, that is a very funny event where people from over the world go to Arica to participate in this tournament. They also saw another important event is arica chilean challenge (bodyboard tournament) that also meet a lot of people from differents countries. 


People in Arica are very nice, and if you ask them where you can go on afternoon they probably will recommend Azapa valley, where is San Miguel`s museum. If you visit the museum you will see ''Chinchorro mommies'' that are the oldiest mummies in the world ! 
Enjoying a good wheather you can visit a lot of beaches like La lisera, Chinchorro or el Laucho where the sea is not so cold and you can go swim in the night!. If you prefer do other activities you can enjoy a drink with your friend or familiy. If you want stay all night on the beach you can go camp and also make a barbacue or a bonfire. Near the beach is located the ''Morro'' where you can go and see all the city from upside.



5 comments:

  1. Oh fantastic, I will like to visit Arica now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arica is very beautiful! I remember when I visited this place, in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog would be called Arica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never went to Arica, but I love to go someday. Good Arica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful northern Chile, I like the weather, Arica is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete